All anglers should make themselves aware of the following rules. The bailiff will carry out periodic checks throughout your session to make sure the rules are being followed, and any angler found not to be following the below rules will have their session ended immediately without refund and possibly a permanent ban (managements decision is final). For rules on Junior Lakes, please visit the Junior Lake page. Rules for the Specimen Lake (members only) can be found on the Specimen Lake page. Match Lake rules are available upon request.
The following rules apply to ALL LAKES
(SEE ABOVE FOR EXPEMPTIONS):
- Strictly 2 rods only
- Barbless hooks only (no microbarbed or crimped)
- No Leadcore
- No braided mainline except marker and spod rods
- No nuts of any kind, Particle must be correctly prepared
- No fixed leads
- Running rigs, lead clips or semi-fixed inline leads only
- No live or dead baiting for catfish or pike
- Please ensure that you are packed up and ready to leave before your session finishes at either 7am/7pm in time for the next anglers session. You must be off the lake by this time
- All nets, slings and mats to be dipped in disinfectant provided
- No bent hooks, including long shank curved type hooks, no treble hooks
- Minimum of 42” landing net and large unhooking mat (No sharing) on Main Lake, Dove Lake, Four Trees Lake and Quarry Lake.
- Minimum of 15lb mainline on Main Lake and Dove Lake
- Minimum of 12lb mainline on Quarry Lake and Four Trees Lake
- When an angler is opposite you, please cast no further than the centre (check swim maps on each lakes page)
- No surface fishing allowed due to wildfowl
- No fly fishing
- No keep nets or sacks, fish to be held below knee level
- Fishing only from designated areas- no stalking
- No litter or discarded line
- No dogs, guns, radios or excessive noise. You will be responsible for your own swim
- No tents, bivvys only
- No fires or unsupported BBQ’s (must be raised from the ground), no continuous burning lights at night
- Alcohol in moderation!
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes the use of any illegal substances; if found in your possession this will be treated as a legal matter and the police will be contacted
- There is an angler’s toilet. Please use it!
- There are individual age restrictions for each lake. No under 14’s on Main Lake or Dove Lake, no under 12’s on Quarry Lake, no under 12’s on Four Trees Lake, no under 8’s on Match Lake. Any anglers aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult (over 21) at all times.
- One spectator per fisherman only, spectators will be charged 50% of the person they are spectating for insurance purposes
- Children aged 5 or under are not permitted on the banks due to health and safety reasons
- Night fishing must be booked and paid for in advance
- Anglers must be in possession of a valid rod licence
- 2 rods maximum on whole complex, not to be left unattended at any time
- Bait boats are permitted but must be used with consideration for others and any wildlife; no echo sounders or sonar boats to be used
- No trespassing into the adjoining fields or woodland. Anyone caught entering/leaving the fishery outside hours will be treated as a criminal and may be prosecuted.
- The management accepts no responsibility for injury, death, loss, damage or theft to persons, cars or equipment whilst on the complex and reserves the right to close all or parts of said complex at any time. Damage to the complex will result in prosecution.
- Anglers must be aware that there will not always be a staff member on site. Fishing between the hours of 5pm and 7am is at your own risk. In case of emergency please dial 999
- No refunds or changes to sessions can be made. All bookings are final.
- Please abide by the 5mph speed limit
- Vehicles are to be returned to the designated parking areas once you have finished unloading – not left on the roadside
- For security purposes night fishermen’s vehicles will be locked in on the site at closing time until 7.00am the following morning. Anglers may leave during the night for emergencies only
- Hawkhurst Fish Farm reserves the right to ban anglers without explanation.
STRICTLY TWO RODS AND BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY. RIG CHECKS ARE CARRIED OUT BY OUR BAILIFF PERIODICALLY
BAITS BOATS ARE ALLOWED ON MAIN, DOVE AND SPECIMEN LAKE BUT MUST BE USED IN CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER ANGLERS AND WILDLIFE
GATES WILL BE CLOSED FROM 8PM UNTIL 7AM DAILY WITHOUT FAIL. EMERGENCY ACCESS ONLY DURING THESE TIMES