About Quarry Lake
At 3/4 of an acre and well stocked with a variety of fish up to 25lb, Quarry Lake is ideal for beginners who want to catch a lot of fish, or pleasure anglers who are looking for a productive day’s fishing. This lake includes carp, tench, roach, perch and catfish. Holding around 70 -80 catfish, this makes for a great lake to bag your first catfish. It is a natural lake with a 12 ft deep hole in the middle with a gravel bed, with depths of 8ft around the hole and then through to 1 to 2 ft by the edges. The bank is a combination of silt and stoney areas. It has a reed surround and is home to 7 spacious jetties. You can park right next to some of these jetties which makes it easy to get your equipment out, and perfect for any of our disabled anglers.
We ask that you use a 10lb Minimum breaking strain line and a landing net and unhooking net.
Fishing PricesAdult (Day Ticket 7am – 7pm) - £15 | Junior (Day Ticket 7am – 7pm) - £ 15
It is hard to recommend a particular fishing tactic as it is very heavily stocked and there are likely to be fish where-ever you cast. As far as bait goes, all good quality boilies will work and pellets and particles are also popular. The catfish respond well to Halibut pellets and luncheon meat but will take most baits. Also remember that the lakes are fished regularly and the angler before you may have put bait in an area so look for signs of feeding fish in your swim before you start baiting up an area that you’ve chosen as you could be competing with existing bait.
If you're looking for a fun days fishing then this is the lake to go for!
Rules and Regulations
- No Leadcore
- No braided mainline except marker and spod rods
- Barbless hooks only
- No nuts
- No fixed leads
- Running rigs, lead clips or semi-fixed inline leads only
- 10lb Minimum breaking strain
- No live or dead baiting for catfish
- All nets, slings and matts to be dipped in disinfectant provided
- No bent hooks, including long shank curved type hooks
- Landing net and unhookinhg net must be used
- When an angler is opposite you, please cast no further than the centre
- No surface fishing allowed due to wildfowl
- No keep nets or sacks, fish to be held below knee level
- Fishing only from designated areas, No stalking
- No litter or discarded line
- No dogs, guns, radios or excessive noise. You will be responsible for your own swim
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes the use of any illegal substances; if found in your possession this will be treated as a legal matter and the police will be contacted.
- There is an angler’s toilet. Please use it!
- Anglers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 21 or over.
- Sorry no anglers under 14 are permitted on this lake unless authorised by management.
- One spectator per fisherman only
- Spectators will be charged 50% of the person they are spectating for insurance purposes.
- Children aged 5 or under are not permitted on the banks due to health and safety reasons.
- Anglers must be in possession of a valid rod licence
- 2 rods maximum on whole complex
- No rods to be left unattended at any time
- Bait boats are permitted but must be used with consideration for others and any wildlife
- No echo sounders or sonar boats to be used
- No trespassing into the adjoining fields or woodland. Anyone caught entering/leaving the fishery outside hours will be treated as a criminal and may be prosecuted.
- The management accepts no responsibility for injury, death, loss, damage or theft to persons, cars or equipment whilst on the complex and reserves the right to close all or parts of said complex at any time. Damage to the complex will result in prosecution.
- Please ensure that you are packed up and ready to leave before your session finishes.
- No refunds.
- Please abide by the 5mph speed limit.
Office HoursMonday to Friday 9am – 5pm. CLOSED WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS. (01580) 753813.
How to Book!
We do not take advance bookings for Quarry Lake. This is a day ticket only lake. You can turn up (gates open from 7am) and speak to the bailiff to start fishing.