About the Lake
Match lake is a two acre purpose built carp bagging water which is well stocked with carp from just ounces to over 15lbs! With regular catches exceeding 200lbs it’s clear to see why we are considered one of the premier venues on the Kent and Sussex match circuit.
This lake is ideal for pole fishing and regular feeding is the key to big weights.
Available for exclusive hire for 20 anglers for £175 or part hire for £10 per head and matches usually run from 10am to 3pm.
Rules and Regulations
- Permitted baits – maggots, sweetcorn, casters, hemp, bread (pinched onto hook) and worms (not to exceed 8 pints in total). 2 of the 8 pints can be pellets but only coarse pellets bought from the farm. Paste can be used as long as it is included in the 8 pints.
- No foreign or Russian cat food or cheap meat, however one small tin of good quality luncheon meat (Van Den Ende) per angler is permitted.
- Ground bait with a 1-kilo limit.
- No floating bait – bait will be considered as floating if it is within 6”of surface.
- No added colourings or flavourings.
- Bloodworm and joker banned.
- Flouting these rules may result in disqualification.
- Anyone found in possession of any other bait or baits in excess of the limit will be disqualified with immediate effect.
- The method is banned, as is any resemblance or similar type of rig. No hair rigs.
- The frame feeder is banned. When feeder fishing the feeder must be a minimum of 18 inches above the hook at all times. Ground bait must not be packed around the feeder, the hook or the terminal tackle.
- Rig depth 1’.
- Unused baits must not be left on the banks or thrown in after the match. Please take away all unused bait or hand it to the bailiff for disposal.
- No feeding or cupping with second pole, only one rod or pole in use at any one time.
- Keep nets are only allowed in official matches.
- Fish to be kept in keep nets no longer than 5 hours between 1st April and 31st October. Additional nets are available – Please see the bailiff.
- Two keep nets must be used in all matches between 1st April and 31st October.
- No rods to be left unattended at any time.
- Please use the toilets provided and not the banks or the surrounds of the lake.
- All fish must be placed and not dropped or thrown into the keep nets.
- No fishing beyond halfway of the width of the lake.
- Anglers are requested to fish in their swims only.
- Do not hold fish in towels.
- All nets must be dipped on each visit to the fishery.
- No fishing after the match without prior consent.
- Manufactured barbless hooks only, no crushed, filed or nipped barbs.
- We have the right to ban any angler without reason.
- No litter to be left on bank after match.
- Please be responsible for your own weighing-in as our bailiff is not always available. Thank you.
How to Book!
Day ticket anglers do not need to book. But please call the office on the number below to check there is not a match on first! Anglers aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21.
To book a match please call the office to check availability. Please note that your booking remains provisional until a deposit of 50% has been received. We would prefer to take the deposit over the phone via a card; although we will accept cheques/cash.
A letter confirming your booking and a full list of our match rules and regulations will be sent to you upon receipt of your deposit.
If we do not hear back from you within 28 days from the date of the letter we will assume you no longer require the match lake and your booking will be cancelled.
Should you wish to book breakfasts nearer the date, please telephone The Waterside Cafe direct on 01580 754000.
STOP PRESS: The Match lake record was smashed on Monday 31st August 2009 by Gary Huth of Promaster Angling. He bagged 682lb of fish in a five hour match!! The total weight caught was a staggering 2,600lb with the peg average being 130lb 11oz.
* Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm CLOSED WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS *