About Dove Lake
Please be aware that all lakes (excluding Specimen Lake) will be closed from Monday 4th December through to Friday 2nd February.
If you’re looking for a more relaxed peaceful days fishing away from the hustle and bustle of the Main Lake then Dove Lake is the one for you. At two acres in size it’s slightly smaller than the main lake but don’t be fooled into thinking that’s a reflection of the size of fish! With both Common and Mirror carp over 36lb and the lakes largest recent capture at over 38lb this specimen carp water offers some of the best specimen fishing in Kent and Sussex. With a good stock of fish with very few under 20lb you are almost guaranteed a big fish if you hook into one, we are fairly certain that at least one of the lakes residents is around 42lbs but this fish hasn’t been caught for a couple of years so it could be much bigger. There are a few other species present including some big tench to 8lb+ and a few catfish around double figures which help keep the small fish at bay. Don’t be fooled into thinking the fish will give themselves up and a stealthy approach is recommended to trip up these elusive monsters. With two islands and attractive reed lined margins, there are plenty of areas to target in your quest for a big specimen. There are 8 swims to choose from but we allow a maximum of 6 anglers at any one time to prevent over crowding and give anglers their own water to fish to. The depth ranges from 2 feet around the islands and shelves down to 8 feet in the deeper holes which are worth finding in the cooler months. The bottom can be described as silty clay with no weed present although the margins can be quite leafy so pop-ups are worth a try. We are sure that if the Main Lake doesn’t appeal to you then the Dove Lake should definitely be worth a try!
Dove lake is a little different to the Main lake as it is a lot smaller and the water can be quite clear at certain times of the year. This has led to the fish being wiser and able to detect anglers presence. A stealthy approach is recommended on Dove lake and heavy baiting almost never works. A good tactic is to fish the open water between the island and the bank when it’s cooler and to fish nearer to the margins when it’s warmer. The fish can often be seen cruising around on hot days so finding them is sometimes made easier. The margins can be quite leafy on the bottom so it’s worth experimenting with different presentations to try to combat this. Far too many people seem to head for the comfy swims on this lake and set up using mallets to hammer in pegs etc. The first thing the fish will do is head for the safety of the other side of the islands and the snaggy areas to avoid capture. If anglers spend time reading the water and looking for the subtle signs of fish they may well be rewarded for their efforts.
Boilies again work well on Dove lake with spicy robin red style baits being the most successful when fished in conjunction with a scattering of fishy pellets. Particles and corn can also work well as do maggots in the colder months.
Ask the bailiff onsite for some tips if you're struggling as Dove lake has some awesome fish which are well worth the effort if you put the time in.
Rules and Regulations
- No Leadcore
- No braided mainline except marker and spod rods
- Barbless hooks only
- No nuts
- Minimum of 42” landing net and large unhooking matt (No sharing)
- Minimum of 15lb mainline on Main Lake due to large cats
- Minimum of 10lb mainline on Dove Lake
- No fixed leads
- Running rigs, lead clips or semi-fixed inline leads only
- No live or dead baiting for catfish
- All nets, slings and matts to be dipped in disinfectant provided
- No bent hooks, including long shank curved type hooks
- When an angler is opposite you, please cast no further than the centre
- No surface fishing allowed due to wildfowl
- No keep nets or sacks, fish to be held below knee level
- Fishing only from designated areas, No stalking
- No litter or discarded line
- No dogs, guns, radios or excessive noise. You will be responsible for your own swim
- No fires or unsupported BBQ’s (must be raised from the ground), no continuous burning lights at night.
- Alcohol in moderation!
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes the use of any illegal substances; if found in your possession this will be treated as a legal matter and the police will be contacted.
- There is an angler’s toilet. Please use it!
- Anglers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 21 or over.
- Sorry no anglers under 14 are permitted on this lake unless authorised by management.
- One spectator per fisherman only
- Spectators will be charged 50% of the person they are spectating for insurance purposes.
- Children aged 5 or under are not permitted on the banks due to health and safety reasons.
- Night fishing must be booked and paid for in advance
- Anglers must be in possession of a valid rod licence
- 2 rods maximum on whole complex
- No rods to be left unattended at any time
- Bait boats are permitted but must be used with consideration for others and any wildlife
- No echo sounders or sonar boats to be used
- No trespassing into the adjoining fields or woodland. Anyone caught entering/leaving the fishery outside hours will be treated as a criminal and may be prosecuted.
- The management accepts no responsibility for injury, death, loss, damage or theft to persons, cars or equipment whilst on the complex and reserves the right to close all or parts of said complex at any time. Damage to the complex will result in prosecution.
- Please ensure that you are packed up and ready to leave before your session finishes at either 7am/7pm in time for the next anglers session.
- No refunds.
- Please abide by the 5mph speed limit.
- Vehicles are to be returned to the designated parking areas once you have finished unloading – not left on the roadside.
- For security purposes night fishermen’s vehicles will be locked in on the site at closing time until 7.00am the following morning. Anglers may leave during the night for emergencies only.
How to Book!
Day ticket anglers do not need to book. But please be aware anyone booked in for 24hrs or more will take priority, so please call the office on the number below to check availability before your visit.
Sessions of 24hrs or more must be booked in advance and paid for in full upon booking. Payment can be made over the telephone via a credit or debit card.
If you are unable to make your session or if you have to leave during your session for any reason, unfortunately we are unable to issue a refund. However, if adverse weather conditions occur that cause the lakes to become un-fishable please contact the office on the number below to reschedule your session.